Wildlife Concerns

DAS does not handle complaints involving wildlife. However, the information below may assist you.

Wild Animal Questions and Concerns:

  • Visit Wildlifehelp.org for answers to common questions
  • The Humane Society of the United States  provides answers to wildlife problems
  • Hire professional assistance – find wildlife control companies listed in yellow pages and ensure you choose one that uses humane practices
  • Contact DNREC Div. of Fish & Wildlife during business hours with questions at 302-739-9912.

Injured Wild Animals – Visit Delaware Council of Wildlife Rehabilitators website for information and assistance.

Injured Wild Birds – Contact Tri-State Bird Rescue & Research, 302-737-9543

Wildlife Violations – such as someone shooting or trying to hurt wildlife – call DNREC Division of Fish & Wildlife at 800-292-3030